As from 07 August 2020, our Self-Catering Chalets and Suites will be open, with limited service. It’s the perfect opportunity to get away and into the incredibly beautiful mountains of the Central Drakensberg, in the Ukhahlamba World Heritage Site. We have 7 Chalets and 2 Suites and as per Government legislation can only accommodate 2 adults in a Chalet/Suite or a nuclear family (parents and their children). Please also note that only Intra provincial travel is allowed so only guests residing in Kwazulu Natal may be accommodated.
Persons in high risk and vulnerable groups such as an advanced age or with pre-existing medical conditions are advised to rather postpone their travel during the pandemic.
You will have the most beautiful mountains to explore, on one of the many trails that leave directly from the Hotel property. For guests who’d prefer to enjoy the beauty in a more relaxed manner, each Chalet / Suite has a private veranda with the most spectacular views.
What Limited Service Means for you?
In order to ensure we open with your health and safety as a priority, and remain within the regulations of the current COVID-19 lockdown level, we are opening our self-catering with limited service. Of course we will adjust as the regulations and status changes over time.
Limited service refers mainly to our cleaning team and the availability of the Hotel Property and Services:
- All units will be thoroughly cleaned before your arrival
- Our cleaning team will come in each morning to make beds, clean dishes and empty dustbins. This will be done as quickly as possible, practising social distancing and wearing masks. We ask that you vacate the chalet/suite whilst this is being done. For long stay guests towels will be changed every third day and bed linen every fourth day
- A full and deep clean will take place on your departure
- These protocols are in place for your own, and our teams Health & Safety
There will be some parts of the Hotel that will be closed and off-limits.
- The main Hotel buildings and facilities will be closed and off limits
- The restaurant will be closed
- The Bar will be closed
- The veranda will be off limits
- The pool and surrounding area will be off-limits
- There will be no Horse-Riding
- The Welness centre will be closed
- All Children’s facilities e.g. trampoline/Jungle Gym and Games Room will be closed off
- The Tennis Courts will be open but please bring your tennis racquets and balls
- The Bowling Green will be available – bowls can be arranged at reception
- Self-Guided Hikes are available – permits can be purchased at Reception
While we wish we could make everything available to our guests, this is our current normal, and your health and safety is our priority. We appreciate your understanding in this regard.
Photo taken by Michelle Preen